As we all know, China is the world’s largest consumer and producer of clothing. With the rapid development of China’s economy and high integration with the international market, the improvement of national life and the strong support of government policies, the clothing industry has ushered in the second spring based on the development of RFID technology.
Only in the perfect productivity, there will be defects. The garment industry itself has many characteristics, namely: seasonal and regional differences, market changes, product types, etc. the dilemma faced by enterprises is that the management system is imperfect and the market competition is fierce.
The clothing industry also has its special industry characteristics, that is, the characteristics of product style, color and size determine the geometric growth trend of clothing quantity with the increase of style. The sales system covers a variety of industries such as direct sales, wholesale and licensing. The garment industry has its own defects and limitations, and its future development has also encountered a bottleneck.
With the development of RFID technology, more and more enterprises begin to pay attention to RFID technology solutions.
Table of Contents
(1) Garment system information management
With advanced science and technology and modern information construction, ziyue technology has established a series of information management modes from factory storage to chain stores.
(2) Powerful background data processing software
Understand the sales data of each store in real time, query the shortage products, unsalable products and orders required in the store, so as to revise the production plan in real time and quickly allocate the unsalable products in each store.
(3) Powerful handset inspection system
Steps of RFID overall solution for clothing stores
(1) Warehouse management
Due to the RFID technology, it can identify multiple tags at the same time in the case of non-contact and non visual, that is, the whole box of goods with dozens of clothes attached with electronic tags can accurately read all their logistics data at one time through the RFID reader, which greatly improves the logistics efficiency. If RFID technology is used in the warehouse in and out management, the warehouse in and out management of logistics distribution center and the warehouse in management of retail stores, the optimal management of the whole supply chain process of “store replenishment demand – Distribution Center – manufacturer” can be realized.
The use of RFID technology in warehouse management can realize the visual management of all management units, and can greatly shorten the time of packaging, handling, inventory and statistics, so as to reduce goods damage, accelerate capital turnover and greatly improve the efficiency of warehouse management. Through this process, 15000 clothing items can be verified every hour in only one RFID channel. The automation of the validation process can reduce the time spent on a single item in the supply chain by 5 to 7 days.
(2) Logistics management
The benefits of RFID technology in garment logistics are reflected in logistics management efficiency, logistics cost, delivery control and so on. The application of RFID technology can realize the standardization of garment logistics operation, shorten the operation process and operation time, and reduce the labor cost, so as to reduce the operation cost, increase the throughput of logistics links, increase the transparency of supply chain management and improve the efficiency of logistics management. At the same time, the use of RFID can minimize the delivery error rate. The delivery error mainly refers to the shortage of original boxes and the error of packaging boxes. These two problems can be minimized by using RFID technology.
(3) Warehousing management
When handling warehousing procedures for clothing from factory production, the staff put the goods on a forklift and sent them to the back-end warehouse. If possible, a reader and antenna can be installed on each forklift to identify the RFID tag data. When the forklift brings the goods to the warehouse, it is read by the reader at the door of the warehouse and sends the tag information to the warehouse management system to record the detailed information of goods received. In a warehouse, goods are placed on containers according to their type, such as style or brand. The shelves are pasted with bar codes for identification. On a daily basis, employees will hold RFID machines to read cargo labels and shelf bar codes, and connect the goods with the stored shelves. The handheld machines are embedded with bar code scanners, in which the containers use bar codes instead of RFID labels, in order to avoid obtaining the ID numbers of several containers at the same time.
(4) Outbound management
Before being regarded as RFID technology, the garment distribution process was handled manually. In other words, when these clothes arrive at the distribution center from the manufacturer, the staff must check them manually one by one. When the clothes are sent to the clothing store, they have to pack them one by one and record the information manually, resulting in a lot of errors. After using RFID application, the manufacturer’s trademark label is pasted on the clothing items to be sent and verified before delivery, and then an advance shipment notice is sent to the retailer. After the packaged clothes arrive at the distribution center, they will be placed on the conveyor belt. During the transmission process, these labeled packaged clothes will be read by the channel RFID reader, and the read data will be transmitted to the system. The software will confirm the ID information. If it is incorrect or lost, the system will issue a warning to remind employees to check the clothes and goods in the packaging box. The clothes are repackaged and transported to the clothing store. Before loading the truck, the staff will read the ID number on the label in the RFID channel according to the packing list, and finally send the advance shipping notice to the clothing store.
- (1) Warehouse receipt, delivery and inventory: one of the most important tasks in warehouse management is to ensure that the book quantity is consistent with the physical quantity. The use of electronic labels can easily realize the accuracy of commodity receipt records and the automation of delivery and distribution, so that there will be no leakage and loss of inventory.
- (2) First in first out: each product has its service life. Due to many types of products, it is difficult to ensure the accurate first in first out of products through manual records and keeper records in actual warehouse management. Through the unit tracking technology, a clock can be built into each product, and the intact state of each product can also be recorded, so as to ensure the delivery of goods according to the specified required period.
- (3) Shortage alarm: when a product is in short supply in any warehouse, it can not only automatically prompt the alarm, but also subdivide into the details of product composition such as style, color, size and so on. That is: if some sizes of a certain style are out of stock, you can immediately prompt the storekeeper to replenish them in time.
- (4) Statistics of unsalable products: the overstocked warehouse of products in the garment industry is a headache. Through the statistics of unsalable products, we can get the residence time of each product (subdivided into model, color and size), which products are unsalable and out of season can be quickly found, and it is convenient to provide price reduction decision or exchange, so as to accelerate product sales and capital turnover.
Source: China RFID Solutions Provider – Actility Technologies Company Limited (www.tractility.com)
Actility provides powerful security solutions for retail store management to prevent asset and property losses, improve transaction security, and provide intelligent analysis. We produce AM/EM/RFID systems, EAS tags, EAS soft tags, EAS safer, lanyards, detachers and all kinds EAS accessories products. Infrared people counter and camera people counter is available. If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at [email protected]