|Brand Name:||Actility / RHT|| Scanning Frequency:||7.0~9.0 MHz|
|Center Frequency:||13.56MHz||Decoding height:||100-150mm|
|Usage:||label/tag deactivator||Application:||Shopping Mall|
Packaging & Delivery
Table of Contents
- Packaging & Delivery
- What is a deactivator?
- Working principle of RFID deactivator
- Advantages of RFID deactivator
- How does a RFID deactivator work?
- Is RFID the same as NFC? Or what is the difference?
- Can my phone be used as an RFID tag?
- Where are RFID deactivators used?
- Can RFID deactivators also write?
- What is the maximum read range of passive RFID deactivators?
- If you are talking about RFID deactivators, what are the latest trends?
- Packing and Shipping
- Working method of anti-theft system
- Precautions for the use of anti-theft labels in supermarkets
- Selling Units: Single item
- Package Type: 20pcs/ctn, 0.068cbm 20kg
|Quantity(Cartons)||1 – 100||>100|
|Est. Time(days)||15||To be negotiated|
What is a deactivator?
Deactivator (or decoding board) is a kind of equipment that invalidates the soft label. It is commonly called “degaussing board”, which is usually installed on the counter of the cashier. Deactivator (or decoding board): it is a kind of equipment that invalidates the soft label. It is commonly called “degaussing board”, which is usually installed on the counter of the cashier. There is also a nail extractor (a tool for removing hard labels from goods, commonly known as the unlocking device), which is usually installed next to the cashier.
RFID deactivator (RFID deactivator) through the antenna and RFID electronic tags for wireless communication, can realize the tag identification code and memory data read out or write operation. A typical RFID deactivator contains RFID radio frequency module (transmitter and receiver), control unit and deactivator antenna.
RFID technology is used in many industries, such as logistics and warehouse management, anti-counterfeit traceability, industrial manufacturing, ETC, etc. Especially after the concept of Industry 4.0, RFID deactivators are widely used in the manufacturing industry.
RFID read-write in the manufacturing industry use, with RFID electronic tags in production, transportation, and warehouse management increasingly prominent. In production link instead of barcode scanning, realize automatic data collection; Material pull link with AGV trolley transportation; Warehouse link management goods in and out, inventory, etc.
Highway electronic toll collection system ETC (Electronic Toll Collection abbreviation) in, read-write is defined as RSU (Road Side Unit), that is, road side unit, read-write vehicle unit OBU (On Board Unit).
RFID deactivator is applied in the management of the car park to realize the identification of the vehicle to discriminate and deduct the fee automatically. If use long-distance range RFID read-write, then can realize not stop, no card fast channel, or no one guard channel, or no one electronic detection vehicles in and out of the situation.
Working principle of RFID deactivator
RFID deactivator (read-write) through the antenna and RFID electronic label carries on the wireless communication, may realize to the label recognition code and the memory data reads out or writes the operation. A typical deactivator contains a high frequency module (transmitter and receiver), control unit and deactivator antenna.
Among them, the electronic label is also called the radio frequency label, the transponder, the data carrier; the deactivator is also called the readout device, the scanner, the communicator, the read-write (depending on whether the electronic label can rewrite data wirelessly). Between the electronic label and the deactivator through the coupling element realizes the radio frequency signal space (no contact) coupling, in the coupling channel, according to the time sequence relationship, realizes the energy transmission, the data exchange.
Occurs between the deactivator and the electronic label RF signal coupling type has two kinds.
- (1) inductive coupling. Transformer model, through the space of high-frequency alternating magnetic field to achieve coupling, based on the law of electromagnetic induction.
- (2) electromagnetic backscattering coupling: radar principle model, launch out the electromagnetic wave, encounter the target after reflection, while carrying back the target information, according to the electromagnetic wave space propagation law.
Advantages of RFID deactivator
RFID deactivator as an essential part of the application system, its selection is correct or not will be related to whether the customer project can be implemented smoothly and the implementation cost; in the deactivator selection is best after a strict process to ensure the success of the project.
- Firstly, need to pay attention to the frequency range of the deactivator equipment, see whether it meets the frequency specification of the project use place.
- Second, understands the read-write’s maximum transmitting power and the matching selection antenna whether the radiation exceeds the standard.
- Third, see read-write has the antenna port quantity, according to the application whether needs the multi-interface read-write.
- Fourth, whether the communication interface meets the demand of the project.
- Fifth, understand the reading distance and anti-collision indicators, reading distance indicators to be clear what antenna and tag under the test; anti-collision to be clear what tag in what arrangement under how long all read;.
- Sixth, an RFID application system in addition to read-write related, but also with the label, antenna, be labeled items material, be labeled items movement speed, the surrounding environment and other related, in determining the equipment before the best way to simulate the field situation for testing and verification, to ensure that the product can really meet the application requirements;
- Seventh, simulate the situation under continuous testing of the stability of the equipment to ensure that it can work stably for a long time.
- Eighth, to see if the development materials to meet the system development needs, it is best to support the system you are using, and preferably the relevant routines, if not, when the development time will be very long, or even the development does not go on.
How does a RFID deactivator work?
Let us first explain the basics of RFID. RFID systems basically use 3 components: tags, antennas, and deactivators. The tag is usually attached with the object. It contains a unique identifier. The antenna detects the tag by the magnetic field it generates. The deactivator receives the tag information and processes that information. The tag information can be, for example, an identification number. This article focuses on RFID deactivators.
Is RFID the same as NFC? Or what is the difference?
No, RFID and NFC are not the same. RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification, and NFC is short for Near Field Communication. However, you can say that NFC tag is a form of RFID.
The distance of NFC is shorter than RFID.
NFC can be used in different ways, such as paying with a smartphone or smartwatch.
RFID can be used to store and send information in one direction, but NFC can be used in 3 different ways.
- NFC tag (passive mode).
- NFC tag (active mode).
- Between NFC tags (peer-to-peer).
Can my phone be used as an RFID tag?
Yes, you can use your phone as an RFID tag. For Android or Windows phones, you can enable NFC. for Apple, you need to enable Bluetooth. Traditionally, RFID tags are smart cards, badges, tickets or drop-shipping. Today, smartphones can also be used as RFID tags.
Where are RFID deactivators used?
Examples of situations where RFID deactivators can be used.
Using a tourniquet to enter a building or approach a door.
Identifying yourself on a company computer.
Releasing a print job from an MFP, called a security release.
- To identify the driver in a rental car or shared company car.
- To safely start a machine.
- To charge an electric vehicle, such as a car or motor.
- To buy a piece of candy from a vending machine at school.
Can RFID deactivators also write?
Although the term RFID deactivator is widely used, RFID deactivators can actually write new information on RFID tags as well. Of course, this may have obstacles.
What is the maximum read range of passive RFID deactivators?
Of course it depends on the specific situation, but in general, RFID tags can be read from a distance of 8 meters, while NFC tags can be read from a distance of up to 10 cm. The strength of the antenna determines the maximum reading range, and of course the environment in which the RFID deactivator is installed.
If you are talking about RFID deactivators, what are the latest trends?
Traditionally, RFID deactivators are used for secure printing. However, the scope of application is much wider:
Solution of contactless authentication
Because of COVID-19, the company is looking for more and more non-contact solutions, especially if more people use the same deactivator to authenticate.
More and more companies do not want to rely solely on smart cards to enter their offices or facilities. The company would rather stop using the key card system and use mobile access instead. Smart phones are not easy to forget, more secure, and provide the possibility of adding additional security layers, which is called multifactor identification.
As hackers use blackmail software to hijack companies as hostages, the need to make the company’s network and computers connected to it more secure has greatly increased. Adding an RFID card deactivator as an additional authentication means to a PC, for example, can reduce the possibility of computer hacker attacks. Two factor identification is a form of multi factor identification, which means that two of the following factors are met:
- 1. Some information you know, such as password or user name.
- 2. You are designed for biometrics.
- 3. What you have: this may be a key card, smart phone, trusted device or other hardware token.