The hospital is faced with handling thousands of work clothes, clothes handover, washing, ironing, sorting, storage and other processes every year. How to effectively track and manage the washing process, washing times, inventory status and effective classification of each piece of clothes is a great challenge.
- 1. The handover of paper washing tasks is complicated and difficult to query;
- 2. Worry about cross infection, which makes it impossible to carry out the quantity statistics of some items to be washed;
- 3. The washed quantity does not match the task;
- 4. Each step of the washing process cannot be accurately monitored, and the clothes are missing treatment;
- 5. The washed clothes are accurately classified to save storage space;
- 6. Unable to accurately arrange the minimum inventory of each piece of clothing.
The introduction of RFID technology will make the laundry management of the hospital more transparent, improve the work efficiency, and solve the persistent management problems that could not be realized by other technologies in the past, such as the statistics and handover of large quantities of laundry.
RFID linen washing management principle
Table of Contents
An RFID electronic tag is sewn on each piece of clothing. The electronic tag has a globally unique identification code, that is, each piece of clothing will have a unique management identification until the clothing is scrapped (the tag can be reused, but does not exceed the service life of the tag itself). In the whole clothing use and washing management, the use status and washing times of clothing will be automatically recorded through RFID reader. It supports batch reading of labels during washing handover, making washing task handover simple and transparent and reducing labor cost. At the same time, by tracking the washing times, it can estimate the service life of current clothes for the hospital and provide prediction data for procurement plan.
01. Linen data entry, RFID tag sewing into clothes
The chip in the tag can store data, associate the attributes of each washing object to be managed with the RFID tag ID in the database, record and track the workflow and life cycle of each garment, and sew it directly on the clothes to be managed. The sewing position is easy to find.
02. Collection and reading of linen data
Cloth sewn with RFID tags is directly packed. Automatically collect the quantity through RFID reading and writing equipment, and record the ID of each piece of cloth read. Since the data is not counted manually, on the one hand, it improves the work efficiency and brings convenience to the management.
Data collection in receiving and sorting area of workshop warehouse
Weigh the cart and read the information
The laundry room is used to wash clothes
03. Counting of linen quantity
When handing over, hospital staff can quickly hand over the quantity by configuring handheld devices.
Hospital staff count the quantity of clean linen
Advantages of RFID linen washing
- 1. Labor can be reduced by 40-50%;
- 2. Visualization of more than 99% of clothing products to reduce the risk of missing clothing;
- 3. Improved supply chain management will reduce working and service hours by 20-25%;
- 4. Improve the accuracy and reliability of stored information;
- 5. Efficient and accurate data acquisition to provide operation efficiency;
- 6. Distribute, recover and automatically collect handover data to reduce human errors;
- 7. Reduce the comprehensive cost of hospital laundry management.
Source: China RFID Solutions Provider – Actility Technologies Company Limited (www.tractility.com)
Actility provides powerful security solutions for retail store management to prevent asset and property losses, improve transaction security, and provide intelligent analysis. We produce AM/EM/RFID systems, EAS tags, EAS soft tags, EAS safer, lanyards, detachers and all kinds EAS accessories products. Infrared people counter and camera people counter is available. If you want to have more information about the article or you want to share your opinion with us, contact us at [email protected]