What is a EAS system?
EAS is the abbreviation of “Electronic Article Surveillance”. It is an advanced system that uses high-tech electronic technology to make commodities have self-defense and anti-theft ability, changes from traditional “civil air defense” to “material and technical defense”, and realizes accurate and effective anti-theft.
Why use a EAS system?
Reason for use:
- 1. The continuous increase of optional supermarkets and warehouse retail malls brings convenience to customers. At the same time, the loss of goods is becoming more and more serious.
- 2. The traditional man to man, monitoring and other “civil air defense” technologies fail to play an effective anti-theft role because man to man is easy to be tired and when the store is large and the traffic is large. At the same time, in order to reduce losses, we have to increase the number of people to watch the market, which increases the expenditure of the mall.
- 3. The traditional “civil air defense” technology gives customers a sense of being monitored. And failed to really create a leisurely and free material environment. The transformation of “material prevention and technical prevention” not only has an accurate and effective anti-theft effect, but also can reduce the number of monitored employees and create a good shopping environment for customers.
What are the differences and advantages between it and other anti-theft means, such as TV monitoring system and artificial anti-theft?
- 1. Point prevention replaces face-to-face monitoring, and anti-theft is implemented;
- 2. The goods are self-defense and anti-theft, do not rely on human protection, and the goods selected by customers are matched with the self-defense of goods;
- 3. Pure technical prevention replaces human monitoring, so that customers are respected;
- 4. Give customers universal trust, let thieves “expose themselves” and create a good shopping environment.
What are the components of the Système RFID? What is the basic principle?
EAS system is mainly composed of three parts: sensor, désactivateur et les étiquettes électroniques. Les étiquettes électroniques sont divisées en étiquettes souples et étiquettes dures. Les étiquettes souples sont peu coûteuses et sont directement collées sur les produits "durs". Les étiquettes souples ne peuvent pas être réutilisées ; le coût unique de l'étiquette dure est plus élevé que celui de l'étiquette souple, mais elle peut être réutilisée. Les étiquettes rigides doivent être équipées d'extracteurs d'ongles spéciaux, qui sont principalement utilisés pour les articles de vêtements souples et faciles à pénétrer. La plupart des décodeurs sont des appareils sans contact avec une certaine hauteur de décodage. Lorsque le caissier procède à l'enregistrement ou à l'ensachage, l'étiquette électronique peut être décodée sans toucher la zone de démagnétisation. Il existe également un dispositif qui combine le décodeur et le lecteur laser de codes à barres, de sorte que la collecte et le décodage des marchandises peuvent être effectués en même temps pour faciliter le travail du caissier. Cette méthode doit coopérer avec le fournisseur de codes-barres laser afin d'éliminer les interférences mutuelles entre les deux et d'améliorer la sensibilité du décodage. Lorsque les marchandises non codées sont emportées hors du centre commercial, l'alarme se déclenche lorsqu'elles passent à travers le dispositif de détection (généralement sous la forme d'une porte), afin de rappeler au caissier, aux clients et au personnel de sécurité du centre commercial de s'en occuper à temps.
1. Detection system: composed of transmitter, receiver and power box;
2. Electronic label:
- A. Decodable label (soft label): applicable to department stores, audio-visual, books, etc; (disposable)
- B. Non decodeable labels (hard tags, CDs and cigarette protection boxes): applicable to clothing, bags, shoes, milk powder, wine, etc; CD, cigarette, etc. (reusable).
- A. Electronic decoder: remote sensing decoding of soft tags;
- B. Scan / decoder: complete soft label decoding while scanning commodity barcode;
- C. Release device: release the mechanical hard tag from the goods on the cashier.
Basic principle: the transmitter transmits 7.5 ~ 8.5mhz FM signal to generate a warning electric field. When an induction tag enters the electric field, it will generate resonance and trigger the alarm.
There may be two situations for EAS system alarm: one is that the customer’s bag contains things with magnetic strips brought in from the outside, and the other is that it contains commodities that are not demagnetized in the supermarket.
Working principle of EAS: a detector is set at the exit of the supermarket or the cashier channel. The detector includes a transmitter and a receiver. When the transmitter sends a signal at a specific frequency, the receiver receives the signal, and then generates a monitoring area. When the EAS tag not processed by the cashier passes through the detection area, it will cause interference. When the receiver detects this interference, it will trigger an audio alarm.
There are two mainstream technologies used by EAS in the market: one is RFID technology and the other is acoustic magnetic technology. In the global market, the EAS system using RFID technology accounts for about 52%, and the EAS system using acoustic magnetic technology accounts for about 30%. Electromagnetic wave anti-theft system uses electromagnetic wave as detection signal, which is mainly composed of anti-theft antenna, degausser, magnetic strip and; The auxiliary is also composed of magnetic stripe detector. There are vertical and channel type, which are mostly used in bookstores, cosmetics stores, libraries and pharmacies. The channel electromagnetic wave system is an electronic anti-theft system controlled by software. It uses digital processing technology to integrate with degaussing system, cashier monitoring and closed-circuit television monitoring system.
Technologie RFID: the RFID system adopts RFID technology. The center frequency is 8.2MHz and the sweep width is about 1MHz. A stable electric field is formed between the transmitter and the receiver and placed at the outlet of the mall. The tag consists of a resonant circuit composed of inductance and capacitance, with a frequency of about 8.2MHz. The label is attached to the protected commodity. When the stolen label of the commodity enters the above electric field, the inductive coil of the resonance circuit senses the electric wave and resonates at the resonance point, resulting in an instantaneous change in the electric field, which is detected and alarmed by the receiver.
Acoustic magnetic technology: the transmitter sends RFID (about 58khz) pulse signal to activate the label in the monitoring area. At the end of the pulse, the tag will respond by transmitting a single RFID signal like a tuning fork. When the transmitter is turned off during the pulse interval, the tag signal can be detected by the receiver. The receiver checks the detected signal to ensure that it has the correct frequency, time synchronization with the transmitter, appropriate signal level and correct repetition rate. If all these criteria are met, an alarm will be issued.
The difference between soft label and hard tag, their respective application scope and decoding method.
- a) The soft label can be decoded by the decoder and can only be used once. It is shielded from metal and tin foil and cannot be pasted directly on it. It is suitable for department stores, such as shampoo, boxed precious commodities, etc.
- b) The hard tag cannot be decoded and can be opened with the unlocking device. It is suitable for clothing, bags, shoes, milk powder, wine bottles and other commodities.
Requirements of RFID system for working environment and several factors affecting the system.
A. Environmental requirements:
- 1. There shall be no large-area metal articles and 220V open wires within 1.5m around the system;
- 2. The decoder shall be installed more than 1.5m away from the system;
- 3. The spotlight used around the system shall be far away (more than 1.5m).
B. Influencing factors:
1. Active interference: electric spark interference; Motor, hair dryer, electric drill and other high-power electrical appliances; High pressure spotlight.
Chine EAS systems manufacturer www.tractility.com offers wine EAS system.