What is a RFID tag?
Radio frequency identification (RFID) is a non-contact automatic identification technology that has entered the practical stage in the middle of the 20th century. Σύστημα RFID includes two parts: RFID tag and reader. Radio frequency tag is the carrier carrying identification information, and reader is the device to obtain information. The RFID tag and reader use induction, radio wave or microwave for two-way communication to realize the identification and data exchange of tag stored information.
Composition of RFID
RFID electronic tag consists of three parts, including tag, reader and antenna.
RFID tag: it is composed of transceiver antenna, AC / DC circuit, demodulation circuit, logic control circuit, memory and modulation circuit.
Reader: a reader is a device that reads the information in the tag or writes the information to be stored in the tag.
Antenna: send RFID signal to the tag and receive the response signal and tag information returned by the tag.
Characteristics of RFID
- Easy storage: compared with the traditional label, it has larger capacity, and the data can be updated at any time, readable and writable;
- Readability: compared with bar code, it does not need to directly connect with scanning equipment, and the reading and writing speed is faster. It can recognize multiple targets and move;
- Ease of use: small size, easy to package, can be embedded in the product;
- Security: special chip with unique serial number and difficult to copy;
- Durability: anti harsh environment, long service time and low failure rate.
Application fields of RFID
In theory, RFID can be applied to all fields where bar codes are applicable. However, its cost is high and its technical maturity needs to be improved. At present, RFID tags can be wholesale through Taobao, 1688 and other channels, and their selling price is about 50 cents to 1 yuan. Compared with bar codes with a few cents or even lower, the cost has really increased a lot.
- Anti counterfeiting: scan labels, and detailed logistics records will be displayed on the equipment side synchronously;
- Production line product information record management: process information and process operation information can be conveniently recorded on the production line;
- Warehouse management: understand the location and storage of goods in real time, improve storage efficiency and feed back product information;
- Sales channel management: identify a unique product number, which is used to monitor the flow of products, wholesalers and retailers;
- Management of luxury goods: judge whether the goods are illegally carried out of the control area, or alarm;
- Asset management / lease management: convenient for receiving equipment handling information;
- Logistics: used for anti-theft, identification of special items and package management;
- Do not replace with RFID. You need to be familiar with its application scenarios and cooperate effectively with barcode, which is a cost-effective and convenient management.
What is the difference between RFID tags and bar codes?
About RFID tags
Radio frequency tag generally refers to radio frequency identification technology. Its principle is non-contact data communication between reader and tag to achieve the purpose of identification. RFID is widely used. Typical applications include animal chip, automobile chip anti-theft device, access control, parking lot control, production line automation and material management. The electronic tag is composed of transceiver antenna, AC / DC circuit, demodulation circuit, logic control circuit, memory and modulation circuit.
Barcode is a graphic identifier that arranges multiple black bars and blanks with different widths according to certain coding rules to express a group of information. A common bar code is a parallel line pattern composed of black bars (referred to as bars) and white bars (referred to as empty bars) with very different reflectivity. Bar code can mark the country of production, manufacturer, commodity name, production date, book classification number, mail start and end location, category, date and many other information, so it is widely used in many fields such as commodity circulation, book management, postal management, banking system and so on.
What is the difference between RFID tags and bar codes?
Conceptually, the two are very similar. This is also what some readers don’t understand. The purpose of both is to quickly and accurately confirm the tracking target object.
The main differences between RFID tag and barcode are as follows:
1. Is it “visible”
The biggest difference between the two is that the barcode is a “visual technology”. The scanner works under the guidance of people and can only receive the barcode within its field of vision. In contrast, RFID does not require the target to be seen. RFID tags can be read as long as they are within the scope of the receiver. Therefore, if the bar code is scratched, contaminated or falls off, the scanner cannot recognize the target. Bar codes can only identify producers and products, not specific commodities. The bar codes pasted on the packaging of all the same products are the same, and it is impossible to identify which products expire first.
2. Is there the ability to write information or update memory
The bar code cannot be changed after printing. What information is scanned is what information. The information contained in the RFID tag can be updated, modified and used for many times.
3. The two costs are different
In terms of cost, RFID tags are much more expensive than bar codes. The cost of barcode is the cost of barcode paper and ink. The price of active RFID tag with memory chip is more than $2, and the cost of passive RFID tag is more than $1. However, the price of a label without a built-in chip is only a few cents. It can be used when the data information requirements are not so high. At the same time, it also has the anti-counterfeiting function of anti-counterfeiting technology products that bar codes do not have. At present, the acceptance of bar code is higher all over the world, there is a perfect standard system, and RFID technology is only limited to a limited market share.
Κίνα radio frequency tag manufacturer www.tractility.com offers RFID tags.